Re: Early drop to debugger with DEBUG_MEMGUARD

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 22:59:39 -0700
On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 08:29:44AM +0300, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> The r254025 indeed introduced the problem, and Davide pointed out you a
> workaround for the assertion triggering.

Right; I tried one of those -- I hope I got it right...

> Proper fix for the memguard requires a policy of M_NEXTFIT or like, to
> avoid a reuse of the previous allocated range as long as possible.

Ah.

> But, you have some further issue even after the assertion was silenced,
> isn't it ?

Yes; please see
<http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20130812160154.GF1570> for a copy
of the message that shows the resulting panic.  (Or see previous
messages i this thread, if that's easier.)  It looks (from my naive
perspective) as if mti_zone hadn't been initialized (properly?  at
all?).

In any case, I remain willing to test, subject to Internet connectivity
flakiness where I am now and other demands on my time.

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				david_at_catwhisker.org
Taliban: Evil men with guns afraid of truth from a 14-year old girl.