Re: ulpt can't attach Lexmark E120

From: George Mitchell <george+freebsd_at_m5p.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 20:44:21 -0400
On 08/23/13 07:11, George Mitchell wrote:
> On 08/23/13 02:18, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>> On 08/23/13 02:29, George Mitchell wrote:
>>> On 08/22/13 07:34, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>>
>>> Here's the result:
>>> [...]
>>> (at which point if I type control-c to stop usbdump, the system gets a
>>> fatal kernel mode translation fault, but that's another story.)  Hope
>>> this helps.                                              -- George
>>
>> I would expect to see some messages ERR != 0 when you plug the device.
>> Can you show both usbdump output and dmesg output which belongs together?
>>
>> --HPS
>
> Not sure exactly how I would get the usbdump output and log output
> interspersed in the correct order, and the fact that the pi panics
> when I type control-C at usbdump doesn't help.  Subjectively, the
> "ulpt0 attach returned 12" seemed to occur a fraction of a second
> later than the others.  But I'll see what I can come up with this
> evening.                                                  -- George

Well, what I ended up doing is turning on ulpt debugging and then piping
usbdump into logger, yielding the attachment.  But I'm not 100% sure
that the output is in the proper sequence.

Give that the printer works fine with the same code on my amd64
machines, does this suggest we have a byte-ordering problem in the
driver?                                                   -- George