Re: Why are cardbus drivers cbb(4) and pccard(4) still included in GENERIC?

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 10:54:02 -0400
On Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:56:53 am Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Hm! Are they dynamically loaded if you insert the cards?
>
> (Ie, has devd been taught about them as appropriate?)

These are drivers for the bridges, not for cards you plug into the bridges.
If you autoloaded them at all you would load them during boot when you saw an
appropriate PCI device.  Currently we don't autoload any PCI drivers, so I
don't think that should be a blocker for taking these out of GENERIC.

Warner is probably the best person to ask.

--
John Baldwin