Re: 10-BETA{3,4} - Consistent Kernel Panics (pf_ioctl.c:1289)

From: Wilkinson, Alex <alex.wilkinson_at_cba.com.au>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 22:45:46 +0800
    0n Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 07:16:52PM +1100, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:

    >On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 11:21:09PM -0800, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
    >C> > KERNCONF:
    >C> >
    >C> >         options VIMAGE
    >C> >
    >C> >         makeoptions DEBUG=-g
    >C> >
    >C> >         device pf
    >C> >         device pflog
    >C> >         device pfsync
    >C> >         device carp
    >C> >
    >C> >
    >C> How badly do you need VIMAGE in your kernel config?
    >C> There are multiple known problems with VIMAGE + pf.  See:
    >C> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-virtualization/2013-December/001787.html
    >C>
    >C> We need to fix all these problems in FreeBSD, of course, but someone
    >C> needs to spend the time on it.
    >
    >Right now we've got some improvements in the projects/pf branch. As soon as
    >Nikos finished his round of pf+vimage cleanups, I'll merge that to head.
    >
    >However, this particular bug report hasn't yet proved to be tied to vimage.

Would like to report back - the removal of VIMAGE from my kernel has now ceased all panics.

Clearly I had hit the o'l "vimage+pf" bug(s).

    -Alex

This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information which may be
confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return email, do not use or
disclose the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Unless
specifically indicated, this email does not constitute formal advice or commitment by the sender
or the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124) or its subsidiaries.
We can be contacted through our web site: commbank.com.au.
If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please reply to this
e-mail by typing Unsubscribe in the subject line.