Re: FreeBSD 10.0-RC2 Now Available

From: Niilo Kajander <niilo.kajander_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 10:58:09 +0200
On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Odhiambo Washington
<odhiambo_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Why does this fail? I have never used freebsd-update before. It's my 1st
> time.

My understanding is that freebsd-update can't track changes between
different svn revisions. It doesn't have a clue about -CURRENT or
-STABLE as it only works for releases. If you intend to use
freebsd-update in the future you should upgrade your system first
using the install media.