Re: ZFS Boot patch

From: Allan Jude <freebsd_at_allanjude.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 12:34:56 -0500
On 2013-12-18 12:27, Allan Jude wrote:
> An issue we thought we had fixed, was not actually fixed.
>
> When doing a GELI based Root-on-ZFS install, the 'bootpool' is not
> always properly mounted in the installed system.
>
> The lines added to loader.conf to make it use the zpool.cache file and
> learn of the existence of the 2nd pool are required, and have the
> desired effect.
>
> However, it seems that the 2nd pool is not always listed in the cache file.
>
> The attached patch should fix this issue.
>
> Hopefully this can get MFCd in time for the next RC

A note for the release notes. If you have an existing install, it can be
'repaired' easily:

zpool import -f bootpool
zpool set cachefile=/boot/zfs/zpool.cache bootpool

This will add the bootpool to the existing zpool.cache (which contains
the data for your main pool)

This only applies to users who opted to encrypt their zpool.

--
Allan Jude