Re: urtwn driver for Edimax EW-7811U WLAN nano USB Adapter

From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6724_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 04:33:45 -0800 (PST)
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 09:56:31AM +0800, Kevin Lo wrote:
> > Your usb wlan dongles use RTL8188EU chip which is currently not
> > supported by any of drivers.

> I see; I guess I should not have believed when I was told that most likely
> all it would take is id-patch urtwn(4). ;-)

> Does anyone know if support is being worked on?  Given an increased
> popularity of these dongles, perhaps a wiki page would be nice for
> those of us who want to get an idea if some particular chip is supported
> before buying them (online).

> ./danfe

Better would be if manufacturers' and online vendors' websites would say what chipset their Ethernet, Bluetooth adapter, USB wi-fi adapter, etc use.

That would be useful for any prospective buyer, and would not require familiarity with any specific operating system.

But I see this is quite unusual; sometimes, but infrequently, it may be in downloadable PDF.

Tom