Re: PACKAGESITE spam

From: Florian Smeets <flo_at_smeets.im>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 00:33:06 +0100
On 22/12/13 00:04, Steve Kargl wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 11:14:39PM +0100, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
>>

> Other than the noise in /var/log/message, what does this provide
> that 'pkg info' doesn't!  Please turn of this feature by default.

No please don't, it's a very useful feature, you can see when packages
were installed or upgraded. Which can be very useful in certain
environments.

Additionally, looking at other systems (SLES, CentOS, Debian and Ubuntu
from the top of my head) they all have a log that keeps track of
packages. The idea cannot be *that* useless.

Florian