Re: x220 notes

From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6724_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 07:52:14 -0500
>From Andrey Fesenko <f0andrey_at_gmail.com>:

> NDIS failed to raise working version. Win driver terrible ~5 firmware and other.

> urtwn such as usb devices and no porting FreeBSD only dirty hack
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-wireless/2012-November/002539.html

> just wanted to get wi-fi n-mode :) actively developed now like only ath.

> I'll have to try again; NDIS failed the first time, but that might have been
> due to something missing in kernel config regarding NDIS and ndisapi.

> I can try with both WinXP and Win7 versions.

I also want to try urtwn in NetBSD (I build the kernel and userland) and
OpenBSD live USB.  OpenBSD apparently has no support for either USB 3.0 or
GPT, can't access my hard drive at all.  NetBSD has no USB 3.0 support but
supports GPT with partitions in a strange way, /dev/dk0, /dev/dk1, /dev/dk2,
and so on, with this sequence spanning all GPT devices including USB hard
drives and USB sticks.  I install NetBSD to a USB stick but have the source,
and pkgsrc too, on an older FreeBSD UFS2/ffsv2 hard-drive partition where all
the heavy work is done.

Aside from the possibility of porting urtwn from OpenBSD or NetBSD, maybe it
could be ported from Linux?

Tom