Re: 7+ days of dogfood

From: Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist_at_alogt.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 08:30:10 +0700
Hi,

On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 16:07:23 -0800
Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:

> actual real-world conditions.  In his words, FreeBSD should "eat its
> own dogfood."  The new installation on FreeBSD.org, of course, would

I am on dog food since last May/June. How should I phrase it? Every can
tastes different. Most cans have a perfect taste but some cans are
really off.

So, when I see a bad can, I go back to my old can, wait a day and get
me then a new can. This is then - most likely - good again.

This is the real reason why it is not possible to run important
machines on dog food. If one can is bad, the machine is down.

As FreeBSD.org sits next to the canning machine, it can run on dog food.

Erich