Time to kill fdc ?

From: grarpamp <grarpamp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 12:54:43 -0500
> When was the last time anybody tried that with a FreeBSD release ?

Routinely :) Often archiving piles of floppies as images too.
Imagine the legacy gaming crowd does this as well to use, while preventing loss.
Also, fdformat(1), fdcontrol(8), fdread(1), and fdwrite(1) are important
complimentary tools for people too! I even use fdformat -F.

> I intend to dust of my axe and cut it from the tree later this spring.

Please don't. I also think there are motherboards still shipping with
real floppy interfaces.