Re: Possible bug in NFSv4 with krb5p security?

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 09:58:55 -0500 (EST)
Elias Martenson wrote:
> On 17 February 2013 02:17, Doug Rabson <dfr_at_rabson.org> wrote:
>

> > I think it was Rick that mentioned the patch. I would apply the
> > patch and
> > rebuild your kernel in the interests of changing as little as
> > possible
> > while debugging the original issue.
> >

> Fair enough. I did this. Thanks.
>
> Now, I'm sorry for asking something that should be obvious, but how
> can I
> rebuild crypto/heimdal?
I think the Makefiles are in the kerberos5 directory.

Since the only function you care about is the one in
kerberos5/lib/libgssapi_krb5/pname_to_uid.c, I'd
just put a copy of that file in usr.sbin/gssd and
modify the Makefile there to compile it and link
its .o into gssd, avoiding rebuilding any libraries.

I'd put a couple of fprintf(stderr, ...) in it and
then run "gssd -d" and see what it says.

Just how I'd attack it, rick