Re: r245741 (clang as cc) can not build binaries for GEODE processor

From: Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 19:49:54 +0400
Hello, Dimitry.
You wrote 22 февраля 2013 г., 18:21:50:

DA> The default for FreeBSD on 32-bit x86 is i486, so maybe the problems are
DA> caused by the -march=geode setting.  If you disable that, do the
DA> problems disappear?
  Problem  is,  that  code  compiled  with "-march=geode" works. Code
built without any "-march" at all (without CPUTYPE in configs) doesn't.
  It looks like clang or use "build system" CPU as default "-march" or
issue some >= i686 commands without it. Or both :)

DA> In any case, can you attempt to figure out which exact instructions it
DA> dies on?  If gdb does not work, like you said above, maybe you can use
DA> objdump to disassemble the executable in question, and find the address
DA> of the failing instruction.
  I'm  trying  to  do this with very last sources both as build system
 and target sources.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>