distcc does not work with clang

From: Beeblebrox <zaphod_at_berentweb.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 06:04:48 -0800 (PST)
On FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #5 r247234

If I try to compile world, or any clang-dependent port, distcc returns an
error:

# make buildworld  CC=distcc
>>> Building an up-to-date make(1)
"/usr/share/mk/bsd.compiler.mk", line 17: Unable to determine compiler type
for distcc
*** [make] Error code 1

# make CC=distcc -C ports-mgmt/pkg
===>  License BSD accepted by the user
.....code output...
===>  Building for pkg-1.0.8
"/usr/share/mk/bsd.compiler.mk", line 17: Unable to determine compiler type
for distcc
*** [do-build] Error code 1

If, on the other hand I try to build a gcc-based port, no problems:
# make -j8 CC=distcc -C lang/gcc
completes nicely. No special CC/GCC settings in make.conf. All ccache
references disabled for distcc debugging.

Anyone have thoughts about this problem? Thanks.