Re: CFT: Overhauled CPSW driver for BeagleBone

From: Brett Wynkoop <wynkoop_at_wynn.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 20:21:15 -0500
Greeting-

This is a follow up to my previous private message about how your
driver is working on my BeagleBone.

wynkoop_at_beaglebone:~ % w
 8:15PM  up 15:17, 2 users, load averages: 0.05, 0.01, 0.00
USER       TTY      FROM                      LOGIN_at_  IDLE WHAT
root       u0       -                         5:00AM  3:36 -csh (csh)
wynkoop    pts/0    cherry.wynn.com           2:05PM     - w
wynkoop_at_beaglebone:~ % date
Mon Dec 31 20:15:13 EST 2012
wynkoop_at_beaglebone:~ %

As you can see I am logged in on pts/0 since 2:05PM.  I was never able
to keep an ssh connection alive more than 30-40 min with the driver
that is in head.  I think you should check it into head now so people
setting up new BBs get the benefit.

As discussed off list there is still room for improvement, but I think
that can be better handled if this much more stable driver goes into
the tree sooner rather than later.  It will allow for more testing and
feedback to assist with the next round of improvements.

This thing is running so well now that I am about to put a web server
on the box and give it a static IP address.

Once we have USB I think the BB will become my primary mail and web
server......Think of the power I will save!

-Brett

--

wynkoop_at_wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6924