Re: Clang warning patches

From: John-Mark Gurney <jmg_at_funkthat.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 15:22:16 -0800
John-Mark Gurney wrote this message on Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 15:10 -0800:
> hiren panchasara wrote this message on Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 07:52 -0800:
> > http://www.strugglingcoder.info/patches/clang_warnings_dev_bktr.txt
>
> This patch does not look correct at all...  It is simply removing code..
>
> How is is good that after we failed to set the tv_freq that we continue
> on?
>
> What is the warning that we are fixing here?

I forgot to look at the intermediate variable that tv_channel was being
assigned to...  Turns out it's an unsigned int, while tv_channel is
returning an int...  We should fix this properly by changing temp to
be an int, or moving the check inline instead of removing it blindly...

I think I still have an old bktr card that I can throw in to do some
basic testing...

After doing some code sperlunking, looks like this bug was introduced
w/ the original driver 15 years ago...  And no one noticed even after
moving the code around a few times...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579