Re: ZFS Trim on mps?

From: Steven Hartland <killing_at_multiplay.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 17:02:13 -0000
----- Original Message -----
From: "matt" <sendtomatt_at_gmail.com>
To: <freebsd-current_at_FreeBSD.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:39 AM
Subject: ZFS Trim on mps?

> Should I be getting trim with ZFS on an mps device?
>
> Disks are SATA ssd (830s), only "unsupported" is being reported.
> Do I need to set the cam "da" delete method to something (unmap?), or is
> ZFS trim only supported on ahci sata controllers?
>
> vfs.zfs.trim_disable: 0
> vfs.zfs.trim_txg_limit: 64
> kstat.zfs.misc.zio_trim.bytes: 0
> kstat.zfs.misc.zio_trim.success: 0
> kstat.zfs.misc.zio_trim.unsupported: 281

I've got a patch which TRIM support to cam/scsi_da on 8.3, not sure as
yet how much work its going to be to port to HEAD but your welcome to
try and test.

We're done loads of testing on it and we are using it in production so am
confident of its quality.

LMK if you want the patch to test.

    Regards
    Steve

or return the E.mail to postmaster_at_multiplay.co.uk.