Re: ACPI panic on unplugging the power cord.

From: Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:18:48 +0100
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 07:54:57PM -0500, Jung-uk Kim wrote:

> On 2013-01-22 12:56:29 -0500, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> > I just upgraded to HEAD today and was wondering what will explode.
> > Now I know.
> >
> > When I unplug power cord from my laptop, ACPI panics. Pictures
> > here:
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/misc/acpi_panic_0.jpg
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/misc/acpi_panic_1.jpg
> >
> > Let me know if you need more info.
>
> Can you please try the attached patch?  It is also available from here:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/utcache.diff
>
> Please note the patch may or may not fix the problem but I think I
> found an ancient bug. :-(

This patch didn't fix the panic:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/misc/acpi_unplug_panic_0.jpg
	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/misc/acpi_unplug_panic_1.jpg

In the meantime I found two other panics.

One is when I leave laptop idle for some time (few hours?):

	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/misc/acpi_idle_panic_0.jpg
	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/misc/acpi_idle_panic_1.jpg

And when is when I boot laptop without power connected and I connect the
power:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/misc/acpi_power_connect_panic_0.jpg
	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/misc/acpi_power_connect_panic_1.jpg

BTW. On the acpi_power_connect_panic_0.JPG photo, at the top of the
screen you can see error messages that are logged every second when I
have power disconnected. This is not a new problem. I had this problem
when I bought this laptop, but now that I'm reporting those bugs, I can
as well let you know about this one.

I'm running this on Thinkpad T530.

I understand that those problems are specific to my laptop and that on
your laptop all of the above work just fine?

FreeBSD committer                         http://www.FreeBSD.org
Am I Evil? Yes, I Am!                     http://tupytaj.pl