Re: [CFT] sysutils/bsdconfg (0.9.0) and sysutils/sysrc (5.2)

From: Kurt Lidl <lidl_at_pix.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 15:02:04 -0400
In light of Devin's CFT, I offer the following, related code...

Greetings -

I've been asked to look at inserting ZFS support into the guided setup
for FreeBSD.

I've got a mostly working set of patches, but they are still a bit
ugly -- hard wired to use ZFS now, rather than UFS, but I'm to the point
where some external input is needed.

On of the issues that I've run into is the partedit command "knows"
that pretty much a partition equates to a filesystem.  While that
is true for UFS, it's not that way for ZFS.  A partition is more likely
a zpool, and that zpool can have as many filesystems as the user
wants.

Also, the bsdinstall framework (nice piece of work!) would need to
be extended to query for zfs vs ufs and also have some hook for
setting up the different zfs filesystems.  Right now, I just kludged
in a static list of filesystems to create in the "mount" script.
I suppose there should be "filesystems" script before "mount" that
lets a user muck about in terms of creating filesystems...

Anyway, attached should be a patch against a recent snapshot of
a -current source tree to add in this code.  It's not ready for
primetime, buy I would like some feedback about the approach I've
taken so far.

Thanks.

-Kurt