Re: Filesystem wedges caused by r251446

From: Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 08:42:20 +0300
On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 11:34:18PM +0200, Ian FREISLICH wrote:
> (kgdb) print runningbufreq
> $1 = 1
> (kgdb) print runningbufspace
> $2 = 0
> (kgdb) print lorunningspace
> $3 = 4587520
> (kgdb) print hirunningspace
> $4 = 4194304

This is extremely weird.  The hirunningspace is less then lorunningspace,
am I right ?  This causes the runningbufspace machinery to never wake up
waiters, I believe.  The process is put on sleep when hirunningspace is
reached, but would be woken up after we cross lorunningspace.  If the
space never goes up to your bigger lorunningspace, you get the process
stuck forever, owning vnode lock and making machine inoperable.

I just verified on the 4G VM on amd64, my numbers for lo is 4587520,
for high 6881280.  Verify your tuning and kernel options, which you should
have provided with the original report, I think.