Re: [HEADSUP] No more pkg_install on HEAD by default

From: Baptiste Daroussin <bapt_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 08:27:59 +0200
On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 07:29:50AM +0000, Teske, Devin wrote:

> >  Or you
> > can maintain the old cruft for your business -- just don't expect
> > anyone else to use it, or even want to.
> >

> I have no intention of making old-world packages... but I also have no intention of using "pkg create".

So you are taking as an exemple rpm but with RPM you do want to use what they do
provide, aka rpmbuild but with pkgng you want to manually handwrite the packages
because we haven't hidden the format behind opaque names and format.

You know in that case you should probably create your own RPM without RPM just
write by hand the header and happened the cpio to it, in that case you will end
up having the same at what you are trying to do with pkg.

Bapt