Re: [HEADSUP] No more pkg_install on HEAD by default

From: Teske, Devin <Devin.Teske_at_fisglobal.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 16:48:18 +0000
On Jul 14, 2013, at 11:38 PM, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 06:51:00PM -0500, Mark Felder wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 13, 2013, at 13:54, Teske, Devin wrote:
>>>

>>> If FTP access (or any of the other remote access methods) are going away
>>> for HEAD pkg access, I'll need to know so I can make the appropriate
>>> changes in the HEAD branch of bsdconfig.
>>>

>> It's simpler than you think. The new pkg uses libfetch. You can have
>> your PACAKGESITE be file:// ftp:// http:// https:// ...
>>
>> I do suspect that HTTP_PROXY support is probably not available as I
>> recall seeing a post where someone was asking about that getting
>> implemented for fetch. I'll have to research that again, though.
>
> Yes pkgng do support proxies, because libfetch do support them.

I think Mark was saying that libfetch doesn't yet support http proxy.

However, I've often done:

env http_proxy=user:pass_at_host:port fetch this-thing or that-thing

So I'm not sure if Mark was implying that this doesn't yet work with PACKAGESITE because you need a way of passing the additional env? (talk of a PKG_ENV iirc)?

> pkgng also support ssh://

That's cool ;D
--
Devin