Re: Lenovo x220 - hangs on shutdown

From: Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 23:36:03 +0300
On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 10:52:55AM -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Hi kib,
>
> Is there a wiki page or some other kind of documentation descibing how
> AMT works?
It is Intel documentation for vPro. Setting up AMT on the motherboard
is specific to the motherboard BIOS, you should look at the hardware
vendor documentation.

Random googling for you revealed e.g. http://wiki.debian.org/AMT
which is actually good introduction (i.e. there is not much to say
about AMT usage in fact).

> I'd like to set this up at home on some newer machines (read: buy
> machines that have this) but I don't know what/where to start.
For the controlling side of things, I use amttools, available in
ports collection as comms/amtterm.  The manual pages are brief
but useful.

Amttools provide amttool(1) for power control, and amtterm/gamt for console.