Kern.hz= +1 hertz at anything 2500 and above.

From: Super Bisquit <superbisquit_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 18:35:19 -0400
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2009-September/051789.html

This is the thread that  I was referring to earlier. Since the patch is for
2009, what are the chances it would work with 10.x or 9.x?

On PowerPC machines with a low MHz rate- or any machine with a CPU rate of
800 MHz or less- increasing the kern.hz improves performance and cuts down
on latency.  I am building audio applications and suites that are used in
different projects.  A G3 based machine should be able to run a kernel with
kern.hz=5000 with no problem. Unfortunately, this cannot be done.

_at_PowerPC: some of you may find that performance does increase at a higher
kern.hz rate.

_at_Hackers & Current: What's the chance that the default rate limit can be
raised to 5k?