Re: Memstick Images not working (mountroot prompt)

From: Miguel Clara <miguelmclara_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 15:52:44 +0100
Forgot to CC the list, sorry!

In the meantime I upgrade from 9.1 using the base and kernel tarballs,
I could boot and I have wireless supported!

I have my ssd encrypted and the hdd too, the hdd is encrypted with
passphrase + key, and this key is in a usb stick (a different one form
the other two already tried).

The USB stick is not working to, and I also tried a USB Western
Digital 500GB disk, no luck either!

So no usb support basically...

dmesg output after connecting the device:

xhci_do_comand: Command timeout!
usb_alloc_device: device init 2 failed (USB_ERR_TIMEOUT, ignored)
usbgen0.2: <Unknown> at usbus0 (disconnected)
usb_reattach_port: could not allocate new device

Also note that usbus0 is a 3.0 as dmesg shows after boot:
usbus0: waiting for BIOS to give up control
usbus0 on xhci0
usbus0: 5.0Gpbs Super Speed USB v 3.0

So I guess this is indeed a problem in the 10.0-current kernel, not
sure what it could be or what more can I do to debug though...

Please advice,

Thanks