Re: zfs kernel panic, known incompatibilities with clang & CPUTYPE/COPTFLAGS?

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 12:01:22 +0200
On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 23:58:33 +0200
Kristof Provost <kristof_at_sigsegv.be> wrote:

> On 2013-06-24 22:08:01 (+0200), Alexander Leidinger
> <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 12:15:18 +0200
> > Kristof Provost <kristof_at_sigsegv.be> wrote:
> >
> > > For what it's worth, I'm running into exactly the same problem.
> > > (amd64, stable/9). I have no custom settings in /etc/make.conf
> > > or /etc/src.conf
> >
> > I had a short discussion with the maintainer of our
> > stress-test-suite, he was able to create a test-case which triggers
> > the problem.
> >
> I've been bisecting for a little bit, and while I'm not 100% sure yet,
> there is one likely culprit right now: r249643.
> It's an MFC with a number of ZFS changes relating to a refactoring of
> the ioctl() interface.
>
> It is, unfortunately, also a rather large commit.

Martin, the issue here is that starting a jail with a recent -current
panics, if the jail has a dataset assigned to it during start (and
the rc.d zfs scripts kicks in). At least in my case the jail contains an
userland from before the change and the jail host a current userland.

Any ideas / suggestions? pho_at_ has a test case for this.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7