Re: HEADS UP: Capsicum overhaul.

From: Jan Beich <jbeich_at_tormail.org>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 22:18:02 +0300
Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd_at_FreeBSD.org> writes:

> I just committed pretty large change that affects not only Capsicum, but
> also descriptor handling code in the kernel. If you will find some
> strange problems after r243611 (like panics, unexpected application
> errors, etc.) I may be at fault. I'll be looking at current_at_ mailing
> list closly, so report here if you find problems that look related to my
> change.

tmux started to behave weirdly, sometimes failing to attach:

  $ printenv
  PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin
  OLDPWD=/
  DISPLAY=:0
  PWD=/home/foo
  TERM=xterm
  USER=foo
  HOME=/home/foo
  SHELL=/bin/sh

  $ ktrace -i tmux -L test -f /dev/null
  $ echo $?
  1
  $ kdump -r | pastebinit -a 'tmux fails to attach'
  http://pastebin.com/U3nCPrFY

  $ env -i TERM=$TERM ktrace -i /usr/local/bin/tmux -L test -f /dev/null
  $ ^D
  [exited]
  $ kdump -r | pastebinit -a 'tmux fails to attach (workaround)'
  http://pastebin.com/w1dsUAU4

I've tried so far:

  * booting allbsd.org snapshot -> no joy
  * enabling capsicum options -> no joy
  * reverting recent capsicum commits -> works fine