Re: using multiple interfaces for same Network Card

From: Tom Evans <tevans.uk_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 10:08:20 +0000
On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Yasir hussan <kolyasir_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Is there any way that i can have multiple interfaces which i can able to
> access from any other machine for same single network card, I am able to
> create new interfaces like
>
> # ifconfig arge0.1 create
>
> but i am unable to access it frm any other machine. I want it be able to
> oing from any other machine....
>
> Thanks

I see you asked about this yesterday:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/mailing.freebsd.current/uP9BC7_dSrA

"ifconfig <iface> create" is how aliases are created on linux. You
need to use "ifconfig <iface> <addr> alias" on FreeBSD. As was pointed
out to you yesterday when you asked.

Cheers

Tom