Re: NewNFS vs. oldNFS for 10.0?

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 20:52:00 -0400 (EDT)
Freddie Cash wrote:
> Isn't the general process (or at least past pattern) to:
> - have 1 release cycle with just the old code (aka 8.x with oldNFS)
> - have 1 release cycle with old and new code, default to old (aka 9.x
> with oldNFS + newNFS)
Actually, your numbering is out by one.
7.x - old only
8.x - old and new, with old default
9.x - old and new, with new default

I, personally, don't care if 10.x has both in it or not.
The only downside I see is that it often means generating patches for
both, but this usually occurs when the code in the old and new are
virtually identical (new cloned from old).

rick