Re: FreeBSD is very slow when Memory chip sizes are imbalanced in slots

From: Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 05:18:25 -0700
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 4:54 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>wrote:

> In message <CAFHbX1KkD7fWP+KZNrSjzCStUM_Smjw7GdKDTo=
> DjjMoe5ttGA_at_mail.gmail.com>, Tom Evans writes:
>
> >You say this, have you actually measured/checked. sysutils/dmidecode
> >will interrogate your BIOS and tell us what it thinks is installed in
> >each RAM socket. It is not uncommon for RAM to say one thing on the
> >outside, and report something completely different to the BIOS.
>
> I can only second Tom's call for a proper scientific approach to
> debugging this issue, rather than just assume that it is the
> operating systems fault.
>
> --
> phk_at_FreeBSD.ORG         | TCP/IP since RFC 956

I am a graduate of Operations Research and Statistics option of a
Mathematics department .
All of your considerations are considered . It is so much apparent that ,
the cause is FreeBSD .

In my previous year message and in its subsequent messages , there are
sufficiently detailed information .

This message is caused from the following fact :

In previous year case , KDE used was a cause , but FluxBox was working fast
.
Now , I have installed 10.0 current . It does not have KDE in packages . I
have installed FluxBox .
It is not a few second slow : Many minutes to start Firefox , and activate
a menu of it  !

What is the point of measuring milliseconds when the difference is around
many minutes ?

PC-BSD installation ( it is a graphical installation after starting X ) is
taking many hours to reach 20 percent completion .
The same is for GhostBSD : Start it at night , at the next morning , it is
likely that it is not finished yet .

Then : WQhat will be measured ?

Linux installations are around 30 minutes .
Starting/Opening menus are instantenous : I do no have chronometer , but
everything is within a second .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk