Re: CARP will not relinquish master state on one interface

From: Freddie Cash <fjwcash_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:23:58 -0700
Figure it out.  :(

Was an IPFW rule.  Seems the following two rules block CARP traffic:

# Check for spoofed packets
# Anti-spoof rules
# These do roughly the same things:
#   verrevpath checks all incoming packets to see if the source IP matches
any route on that interface
#   antispoof  checks all incoming packets to make sure the source IP is
not listed in a network of another interface
$ipfw add 30 deny log ip from any to any not verrevpath in recv $if_public
$ipfw add 40 deny log ip from any to any not antispoof  in recv $if_public

Removing those two rules on both boxes makes em0 fail-over correctly
between the two.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash_at_gmail.com