rebooting nvidia + keyboard issues

From: Waitman Gobble <uzimac_at_da3m0n8t3r.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 00:25:01 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

After updating my machine tonight with
> uname -a
FreeBSD dx.burplex.com 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r248937: Sat Mar 30 21:53:14 PDT 2013     root_at_dx.burplex.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FURAHA  amd64

I noticed the machine rebooting randomly every 20 seconds to 5 minutes. Disabling the nvidia driver seems to fix the problem, and I was able to update after applying ports/177459 patch. The updated nvidia driver seems to have solved the rebooting issue. (it could (also?) be related to linux.ko?) If people are using the nvidia driver and are experiencing a constant reboot issue, it might be good to pop in that patch ASAP.

The problem I am noticing now is keyboard related. Booting to single user mode, I cannot type anything at the login prompt with an attached USB keyboard. However in single user mode a PS2 keyboard will allow me to login. I would not say it's not working.. the keyboard functions fine until hitting the login prompt. There are no errors and everything appears to be working fine, however I cannot login. Numlock key lights on and off when pressed.

Also, if I boot into multi user mode, I cannot type anything at the login prompt when a PS2 keyboard is attached. But the USB keyboard will work in mutli user mode.

Thank you,

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA