Re: Audio Hints, T520?

From: Kevin Oberman <rkoberman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 19:45:45 -0700
On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 6:25 PM, Michael Schmiedgen <schmiedgen_at_gmx.net>wrote:

> On 04.05.2013 06:14, Sean Bruno wrote:
>
>> Speaker/headphones working great on Current.
>>
>> Was trying to get the microphone working, but it seems to not quite be
>> working.
>>

> I got the same problem with my X220. Before the last Lenovo
> HDA quirk commits everything worked fine, but I had to set
> the default sound unit to 1.
> Now I do not need to set the sound unit, audio output works
> out of the box but recording does not work anymore. I fiddled
> with nid config but got bored after the fifth reboot.
>
> The behaviour changed at my last world build a month ago.
>
> I can supply dmesg or sysctl output if you want.
>
> Thanks
>   Michael

I have a T520. It has an internal mic. Not USB. It also has a standard
headphone/mic jack. It works with a headset with a mic. It's a four contact
jack: Left, right, mic, and common. A cell-phone headset will work fine.

Have you tried the hints I supplied? They worked for me.

--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: rkoberman_at_gmail.com