Re: Audio Hints, T520?

From: Sean Bruno <sean_bruno_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 05:12:49 -0700
On Mon, 2013-05-06 at 09:27 +0300, Alexander Motin wrote:
>  From information provided by Sean I can't see why added quirk for
> playback may affect recording in any way. More likely I would guess
> that
> change from two playback pcm/dsp devices to one, while still having
> two
> record ones, made hw.snd.default_unit less usable (because there is
> no
> choice of output devices for it any more). Respective two input
> pcm/dsp
> device may require to be chosen manually in recording application. Or
> you can try additional hints to join both mics in one dsp/pcm device,
> provided by Kevin Oberman:
> hint.hdac.0.cad0.nid35.config="as=2"
> hint.hdac.0.cad0.nid27.config="as=2 seq=15"

No success with these settings.  There is no change to my ability to
record with audacity.

> PS: When checking mixer, remember that there is separate mixer for
> every
> pcm/dsp device. Sean. you've provided output only for one. I guess
> that
> other (internal) microphone is on another pcm device/mixer.

All the mixer settings:

$ mixer -f /dev/mixer0
Mixer vol      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer pcm      is currently set to 100:100
$ mixer -f /dev/mixer1
Mixer vol      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer pcm      is currently set to 100:100
$ mixer -f /dev/mixer2
Mixer vol      is currently set to  95:95
Mixer pcm      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer speaker  is currently set to 100:100
Mixer mic      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer rec      is currently set to  67:67
Recording source: mic
$ mixer -f /dev/mixer3
Mixer rec      is currently set to   1:1
Mixer monitor  is currently set to  42:42
Recording source: monitor

Sean