Re: CURRENT r250636: ZFS pool destroyed while scrubbing in action and shutdown

From: Steven Hartland <killing_at_multiplay.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 19:42:33 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Xin Li" <delphij_at_delphij.net>

> On 05/15/13 10:20, O. Hartmann wrote:
>> Several machines running FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r250636: Tue May
>> 14 21:13:19 CEST 2013 amd64 were scrubbing the pools over the past
>> two days. Since that takes a while, I was sure I could shutdown the
>> boxes and scrubbing will restart next restart automatically.
>>
>> Not this time! On ALL(!) systems (three) the pools remains
>> destroyed/corrupted showing this message(s) (as a representative, I
>> will present only one):

Can you confirm the HW your running there?

If your using CAM backed disks can you let me know what your seeing for
1. sysctl kern.cam.da | grep delete_method
2. sysctl vfs.zfs.trim

The reason I ask is I'm investigating an issue with ZFS TRIM, reported
by Ajit Jain, and it tests that have just completed potentially indicate
an issue with either CAM or LSI's firmware when processing Write Same
requests. Such requests may be used the ZFS TRIM depending on the
underlying HW.

    Regards
    Steve

or return the E.mail to postmaster_at_multiplay.co.uk.