CURRENT: system crashing while shuting down -> files system corruption

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 15:50:50 +0200
Since r250670 (last known stable) I face a lot of problems.

On systems with SSD, after a couple of seconds the box is crashing and
rebooting, showing up a lot of CAM/SCSI stuff on the console.

A system with "traditional" disks I get while shutdown in progress (via
ACPI power button or shutdown -p now command) corrupt filesystems (UFS
disk).

Below an error message after such a crahs, /usr/ports is a partition and
while the shutdown was in effect, there were no activities on that
partition, but is has been "repaired" while the box then powered up
again. Now it seems to be corrupted in the way that I can not svn update
the ports tree anymore.

What happened?

root_at_thor:/usr/ports # make update
>>> Updating /usr/ports using Subversion
cd /usr/ports; /usr/local/bin/svn update
svn: E155036: Please see the 'svn upgrade' command
svn: E155036: Working copy '/usr/ports' is an old development version
(format 12); to upgrade it, use a format 18 client, then use
'tools/dev/wc-ng/bump-to-19.py', then use the current client
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports