Re: HP 2570p installation

From: Glen Barber <gjb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 16:13:24 -0400
On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 09:20:56PM +0200, Ludovit Koren wrote:

> I am sorry for the delay.

Acutally, I did get your original reply.  Sorry I did not repsond
sooner.

> > > After Setting BIOS to legacy, with the 9.1-RELEASE-amd64-memstick.img,
> > > I succeeded to boot. The 10-CURRENT has still problems to boot to
> > > installation window.
> > >

> > Where does it stop?  The same place?
> >

> no. Before, it stopped right after beginning phase: bios control
> transfering to boot. Now, right before gtk? install phase.

Are you able to see what is on the screen right before the installation
screen?  FWIW, I did test this image, and was able to get to the initial
installation screen, and was able to get to the live cd.

Can you also try pressing [CTRL][ALT][F4]?  I think there is an
emergency TTY set up, same as with the 8.x images.

Also, what options do you have for the SATA controller on this machine?
Can you toggle between AHCI and ATA to see if you can get past this
hang?

Glen