RE: Support of Dell M620 broadcom BCM57810

From: David Christensen <davidch_at_broadcom.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 23:48:32 +0000
> I'll be glad to test but I'd like to know :
>
> - do you require testing on -head or -stable ?

Tested with 9.1 and 10.0-Current.  Open to patches on earlier kernels for
the brave.

> - in your opinion in which shape is the current code ? I mean how far are we
> from something more or less ready to put
> in production ?

It's not extensively tested across all NICs yet (BCM57711E in an HP blade
system, BCM57810 w/ 10GBase-T PHY, etc. ) so some hardware specific
combinations may not work, but otherwise it's in good shape.
Really just needs some wider test before committing to the kernel.

Dave