Re: CUURENT kernel build broken - make[2]: exec(aicasm) failed (No such file or directory)

From: Ian Lepore <ian_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 13:40:17 -0700
On Tue, 2013-11-05 at 19:12 +0400, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:

> I> > Before this change, the toolchain was not required for kernel build if you
> I> > aren't cross building. And now it is. This breaks the kernel build procedure
> I> > documented in handbook for years, and brings a lot of discomfort to
> I> > developers.
> I> >
> I> > Now to test a trivial change to kernel I need first to compile clang.
> I> >
> I>
> I> I didn't realize the change would have that effect.  Building aicasm
> I> using the kernel build machinery just isn't an option anymore, it builds
> I> in the wrong environment with the wrong header files and sometimes the
> I> wrong toolchain when cross-building.  But there should be a solution
> I> that doesn't require building clang, I'll see what can be done.
>
> Thanks, Ian. While you are seekign solution we can sustain with depending
> on toolchain build.

Okay, I think I've got a potential solution, please try the attached
patch.  Now the "make buildkernel" when the objdir is empty should build
just the aicasm tool.  (In retrospect, WTF was I thinking adding it to
the cross-build tools?  I guess cross-building is just too central to my
world these days.)

Maybe for testing you should rename your existing objdir rather than
cleaning it out, just in case this doesn't work you can rename it back
instead of building clang all over again. :)

-- Ian