Re: dhclient failure with Realtek 8111E Ethernet on new MSI motherboard

From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6724_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 02:25:18 +0000
I tried the patch on 9.2-STABLE, rebuilt the kernel and modules, installed to the correct place on USB stick,
/media/zip0/boot/kernelre
USB stick was mounted on /media/zip0 when I did this.

Then I umounted, took the USB stick to new computer with MSI Z77 MPOWER motherboard.

I booted that USB stick, escaped to loader prompt, unload and
boot /boot/kernelre/kernel

got the same error when running "dhclient re0".

Now I also have to update NetBSD-current and then build a Linux installation.

Linux may offer a better chance of configuring wireless adapters.

I was hoping a fix to the re(4) bug could make it for FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE but am not betting on it.

Tom