Re: freebsd perf testing

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 00:45:32 -0800
On 11/9/13, 1:24 PM, Erik Cederstrand wrote:
> Hi Julian,
>
> Den 08/11/2013 kl. 03.02 skrev Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>:
>
>> Some time ago someone showed some freebsd performance graphs graphed against time.
>> He had them up on a website that was updated each day or so.
>>
>> I think they were network perf tests but I'm not sure.
>> He indicated that he was going to continue the daily testing
>> but I've not seen any mention of them since.
>>
>> If you know who that was or how to find him let me (or gnn) know...
> I did a master’s thesis on this some years ago. I haven’t kept the project up-to-date, due to lack of time and hardware.

it would be interesting to know what you did. and what conclusions you
came to..

the actual web page I was thinkng of was:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2013-April/041323.html

but the more players we have thinking about this the better..

it would be good if we could have some project supported way to follow
this.
it may be that we could make a 'contributor' image that has all the
tools and
framework on it that would allow people to submit daily reports (from
the same hardware each time)
to some central aggregator..  or maybe ot would all be project resources.
I see that  Mr Symbolics (is that his real name?) has some suggestions
in another mail in this thread.
I wasn't really going to be doing much in this space myself  though I
think it is important,
I just volunteered in the meeting to try find some examples.

Julian