Re: iwn(4) hangs after r257133

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 10:48:48 -0800
Right near the end there you have 'status 83' which means 'transmit
failed, long retry hit' (the status codes are in if_iwnreg.h
somewhere.) The retry count hit 16, which is the max set for the
frame.

rate=80 (hex) is MCS0. So, you're seeing retransmits and failures at
MCS0, which is a bad sign.

But, notice how AMRR increased it to MCS2 at a couple stages, and that
_always_ fails. But AMRR waits for 10 frame transmits before it
adjusts the rate up or down.

So yes, we do need to enable MRR again on iwn for things to behave
better. There are other issues when you start doing larger amounts of
traffic but I'll cover those later.what?

If someone wants to take a crack at correctly implementing the link
quality table stuff again then please let me know. As I said before,
the link quality table setup code is mostly sane. The problem is
actually correctly setting 'linkq' to start at the selected rate, as
linkq is an index into that table, not the initial rate.

Thanks!

-adrian