Re: random_harvestq eats much on geode-lx alix2c3

From: Mark Robert Vaughan Murray <markm_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 08:50:47 +0000
On 20 Nov 2013, at 10:58, freebsdonline <lists2_at_freebsdonline.com> wrote:

> Stanisław Halik wrote:
>> but what do you ask for? Also, can text
>> attachments be put here? For posterity's sake, better not to link to them.
> It is poor hardware as you said but FreeBSD should run well on it. I also have Alix boards running FreeBSD as router, and cpu load is almost 0.

The entropy-harvesting stuff needs to be adaptable to slow and fast. On an old box, one which would work well as a small gateway/firewall, aggressive harvesting may (does!) slow down the OS. On a multiple-CPU grunt-grade server, that may not be enough, and we may be scrambling for more.

Mark R V Murray