Re: VIA Sprinboard: Alternative to Raspberry Pi - working with FBSD CURRENT?

From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6724_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 09:52:18 +0000
from O. Hartmann:

> Recently,
> I stumbled into this board, which looks promising:

> http://www.viaspringboard.com/products.html

> Does anybody know whether the offered hardware (chipse, CPU, WiFi
> chipset) is supported by FreeBSD?

I went to that URL and noticed that the WiFi chip was Atheros AR9271, same as one I have and not currently supported by FreeBSD but maybe supported in NetBSD-current and Linux.

I couldn't tell on my own whether the rest of the system could run FreeBSD or NetBSD, but from Ian Lepore's response, it doesn't look good.

Better off with Raspberry Pi?

Tom