Re: Changes to UART ns8250

From: Zbigniew Bodek <zbb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 22:36:16 +0200
Hello Adrian,

Thank you for your remarks.
Please check my answers in-line.

Best regards
Zbigniew Bodek

2013/10/7 Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org>

> Hi,
>
> You should add:
>
> * a loop counter, to break out after a while;

[ZBB] In general as long as UART is busy we cannot proceed but if the
timeout occurs we could return an error. Do you agree?

> * a DELAY(1) or something.

[ZBB] DELAY is also a busy wait after all. The reasonable solution might be
to use ns8250_delay() to get the transmission time and use it for timeout
from the first point. I would DELAY(1) in each loop and decrement value
acquired from ns8250_delay(). The loop should break during that time or we
return an error. What do you think?