Re: [patch] Re: drm2/radeon dfixed_trunc() warnings

From: Jean-Sébastien Pédron <dumbbell_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 10:00:51 +0200
On 07.10.2013 21:04, Sean Bruno wrote:
> Proposed patch to eliminate this check.  If I understand the macro
> correctly, there's no way for these checks to ever do anything as bit
> shifting an unsigned will simply clear out the value.  So, the check for
> <0 is completely bogus?

Hello!

I think you're right. I saw Clang reporting those warnings. Coverity has
many more. I didn't want to fix them for now, to ease future merges from
Linux.

The plan is to submit patches to upstream at some point.

Thanks for the patch! I should prepare a branch to store that kind of fixes.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron