Re: rcs

From: Bruce Cran <bruce_at_cran.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 19:28:17 +0100
On 10/9/2013 3:17 PM, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> Only a few years ago you could take a dvd or memstick of FreeBSD and
> have 1000s of packages to choose from during your install.  That is
> broken now?

At some point it was decided that the installer should be as simple as
possible and package installation was a post-install task, for once the
system was up and running. I think that might be changing with
bsdinstall getting pkgng support, but it did seem like a fairly major
regression at the time.

--
Bruce Cran