What happened to nslookup?

From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6724_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 22:10:26 +0000
I thought I sent this message yesterday, but couldn't find it in the downloaded list messages, so maybe I forgot.

Whatever happened to /usr/bin/nslookup in FreeBSD-current, and what is one supposed to use in its place?

I see nslookup is in FreeBSD 9.2, but why not in -current?

There has been plenty of dispute in recent days on removing rcs from base, subsequently resolved in keeping rcs, but no publicity on removing nslookup.

There was no reference to nslookup in $SRCDIR/UPDATING for FreeBSD-current.

I looked in $SRCDIR/usr.bin for both 9.2 and current, and nslookup was in 9.2 but not current.

Tom