Re: /usr/src/lib/msun errors

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 14:57:29 -0700
Please, do not top post.  It loses context.

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 04:05:27PM -0400, Joe Nosay wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Steve Kargl <
> sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 10:05:56PM -0400, Joe Nosay wrote:
> > > Is the ALPHA base stable enough to do porting of applications?
> > >

> > Huh? What do you mean?  People have been running freebsd-current
> > for years and porting applications to FreeBSD.  Alpha is simply
> > a point in time for freebsd-current.
>
> I was rebuilding world using an older CURRENT base and the src from
> 10/07/13. The build kept breaking with libiconv, msun, and a few others.

The problem you had with msun was caused by you adding additional options
to CFLAGS in make.conf without actually understand what those options may
do.

> This affected both the base and 3rd party. The system is still usable but
> it isn't stable enough for building a 3rd party application.

Yes, it is stable enough.  Remove your custom CFLAG options.

> If I reinstall the base with CURRENT from 10/07/13 to present, will
> it be stable enough for building 3rd party?

Of course.  But, you need to read src/UPDATING and ports/UPDATING.

--
Steve