Re: panic: ia64 r255811: deadlkres: possible deadlock detected for 0xe000000012d07b00, blocked for 902743 ticks

From: Davide Italiano <davide_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 13:03:29 +0200
On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Anton Shterenlikht <mexas_at_bris.ac.uk> wrote:
> >From davide.italiano_at_gmail.com Fri Oct 11 15:39:49 2013
>>
>>If you're not able to get a full dump, a textdump would be enough.
>>In your DDB scripts just remove the 'call doadump' step and you should
>>be done, unless I'm missing something.
>>Please adjust the script as well to include all the informations
>>requested as mentioned in my previous link, e.g. 'show lockedvnods' is
>>not mentioned on the example section of textdump(4) manpage but it
>>could be useful to ease debugging.
>
> I still haven't got it right, but I now collected manually
> some (hopefully) useful info (see below).

This is fair enough -- If you're still at the ddb prompt, please print
the whole panic message (or at least the address of the lock reported
as deadlocked by DEADLKRES), so that we can at least have a candidate.

--
Davide

"There are no solved problems; there are only problems that are more
or less solved" -- Henri Poincare